# Building Your First Form
In this example, we're going to go through the process of building a simple Form from start to finish. By the end you'll know more about the Form Builder and how publishing works.
# Creating the Form
Click Create a Form on your team dashboard
Give your form a title and upload a logo or image to help Users identify the form. If you change your mind you can edit these settings later
Click done and you'll get taken to the Form Builder
# Adding Fields
A brand new Form contains one Section and no Fields. The right sidebar of the Form Builder has all the field types available to you, grouped into categories.
Drag a text field to the form and double-click on the label to re-name it
Add a date field and an Address field. Click the * next to the label to make the field mandatory
Next add a field for entering the model number of the water filter we're assessing. To make data entry easier for our users, we're going to use a Select field
Clicking the blue cog button on the Select field opens the Field Settings sidebar and allows you to define a list of options to choose from
The Field Settings vary, depending on the type of Field you are editing
# Adding Sections
Sections are a great way to break up a long form into smaller chunks. Sections make data entry much easier for Users.
Rename the current section by double-clicking its name in the left sidebar
Add another section by clicking the Add Section button in the left sidebar and name it Assessment
Add some more Fields. In this example, we've added:
- Two segmented fields
- Checkbox field
- Textarea field
- Photo field
- Text field
- Signature field
# Previewing Your Form
At any stage while building a Form, you can preview how the Form will look in your browser.
- Click the Preview button in the top toolbar
- The Preview opens in an overlay
- Previews are fully functioning so you can test all of your Form's features
# Publishing Your Form
Your new Form is unpublished by default. This means it isn't available to your Users yet.
- Click the Close button in the top toolbar to leave the Form Builder. Your changes are saved automatically as you go.
- If this is your first time editing the Form, a prompt will appear asking if you want to Publish now
- If you choose No you can publish your Form anytime from the Forms list
- Your Form will now be available to all your Team Members when they next open the FormTab app
# Changing Your Form
If you need to change a Form, you can safely do this at any time.
- Click Edit This Form in the Forms
- A Draft copy of the Form is created, so you're free to make changes without affecting your Users
- When you're ready to publish your changes, click the Apply button in the Forms list
- You can also Discard your changes
# Next Steps
Check out the Advanced Form Builder Guide